Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Starting over yet again

Ok, so I was doing very very well. My size 12 jeans were loose on me, very exciting. Then the holidays came. And with it came a ton of snow and ice. I ate whatever I wanted. Barely walked. Gained back 10 pounds. Realized that this morning. When you were down 18 1/2, and gained back 10 of them...it really, really sucks.

I went out a couple of weeks ago to see a bunch of old friends. I thought I was looking great and then I saw the pictures. Ick. Double chin, feeling like I take up half the room. Maybe I'm being over-dramatic, but I used to rock pictures. So when I look at pictures of me now compared to pictures.........fuck.

So I'm back on track now. Trying to eat a lot of fiber, veggies, etc. while thinking about how good deep fried cheese with cheese dipping sauce would be. I make sure the alarm on my cell phone reminds me of my goal. It's not just about the clothes (though it's great when they fit) or the pictures (vanity is my greatest flaw) but the way I'm treated. I can not stress the fact more that people treat you differently when you're overweight and when you're thin. The awful truth, but there it is.

So here I go again. Kinda hungry but staying positive...

No comments:

Post a Comment